Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sour Grapes

In case you haven't noticed, I've taken a two-month hiatus from blogging.  The reason? Not one in particular.  General laziness? Lack of motivation? Etc?

To be honest, I've felt like a complete fraud for the past few weeks.  I started this blog to focus on the good in life and I've done anything but.  T'was the season, but I was far from feeling the holiday spirit.
It shouldn't be this way. I recently started ANOTHER new job where I'm slowly but surely learning that with great power truly does come great responsibility. I'm still blessed with an outstanding relationship and great friends.  It shouldn't be this way at all.

I believe they call this a slump.

The straw? I sadly let this "slump" get to me as I found myself overly emotional (and not in a good way...) at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve. Tears and a 12:06 bedtime on a night that should have been full of bubbling champagne, giggles, hugs and passionate kisses? NOT ok, girl.

So...what am I gonna do about it?  I'm going to resolve to resume the happy. And I'm going to stick to my resolution.  No statistically sound February 12 quit date. 2012 is my year, and I'm going to see to that.  I've put it out there...here...in public. I'm holding myself to it.  Here's how I'll start:

1) Blog. The more I write about the happy the more I'll think about the happy.  It's the whole reason I started a second blog and I vow to stick to it with more fervor this year.

2) Run.  Hey, surprise. I ran a half marathon in October of this year.  And I sucked at it. In May of 2009 I ran 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 10 minutes. In October of this year It took me 3 hours and 8 minutes. Almost an entire hour's difference.  Last month I signed up for the 2012 Pittsburgh Marathon and actually convinced PID to do it by my side.  I vow to train the way I should to not only make it easier for myself, but help me to lose the 50 pounds I've gained since 2009. I have a strong feeling that the weight is a major contributor to the sadness. If I can melt it away I can do anything. 

Though "losing weight" isn't my actual resolution, it's something I'd like to track. To keep myself honest that I'm actually running.

And so this journey begins....again.


No comments:

Post a Comment