Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The World's Simplest Dessert

We all know I love a good cupcake (a little too much), but sometimes I'm in the mood for a dessert that doesn't require 35 minutes and 17 ingredients to create.

That "sometimes" happened to me today.  PID made a delicious (and healthy!) pork dinner, but I was craving something sweet to follow it up.  Shockingly, I didn't have any cupcakes in the house, so I opened the fridge to see what might inspire me.

What came next, I found worthy of sharing.

On shelf one, I noticed a package of Pillsbury crescent rolls.  Shelf two a jar of chocolate fudge.  We were getting there!  I stared a bit longer and just before giving up and closing the door I spotted a small jar of Guava Jelly that I used when I made Jelly Doughtnut Cupcakes a few months ago and haven't touched since.  Sold.

And thus begins the creation of the easiest (and, might I add, most surprisingly delicious) dessert ever:

Here's what you'll need:

1 cookie sheet
1 sheet aluminum foil (they're messy, so you'll want it!)
1 package Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
4 heaping tbs. hot fudge
4 tbs. of your favorite jelly or jam


Here's what you'll do:

1.) Line the cookie sheet with the aluminum foil
2.) Roll out the dough and smear 1/2 tbs hot fudge in a thin layer on each triangle
3.) Smear 1/2 tbs of jelly on top of the fudge


4.) Roll as the crescent roll package tells you -- but make a point to lift as you roll so you don't "squish" out all the good stuff


5.) Bake for 13 minutes at 375 degrees



And um...that's it! Two minutes of "work" and 13 minutes of "waiting" is all it takes for a very tasty treat!

It will come out ooey and gooey but completely delicious. Give it a go next time you're short on time and big on taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment